Section 1. A phone conversation regarding children’s camping trip.
Questions: filling in blanks.
Section 2. A map description of a park where a festival will be held. The talk instructed volunteers about various locations of festival facilities.
Questions: multiple choice, map labeling.
Section 3. Two lecturers discussed the topic of having a hands-on job training and benefits of a reflective journal.
Section 4. A presentation about the conservation of amphibians and toads.
Questions: filling in blanks, short-answer questions (no more than 1 word).
Passage 1. About the childhood of Charles Dickens (English writer and novelist).
Questions: filling in blanks, True/False/Not Given.
Passage 2. About the research of facial expressions.
Questions: filling in blanks, match information to paragraphs, match various statements with different researchers.
Passage 3. About the extinction of a certain species of dinosaurs.
Questions: multiple choice, True/False/Not Given, table completion.
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given two bar charts showing modes of transport that people were using to travel to university and work in 2004 and 2009. We had to summarize the information.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Consumers nowadays are faced with increased advertising from competitive companies. To what extent do you think consumers are influenced by these advertisements? What measures can be taken to tackle this issue?
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you usually do at work?
– What kind of activities do you do at home?
– Are there any household tasks you do not like? Why?
– Did you study music when you were a child?
– Do you play any instruments now?
– Do you think it is easy to learn to play a new instrument?
Talk about a neighbour that you know well. Please say
– Who is he/she?
– How did you meet him/her?
– Do you like him/her? Why?
– Do you know other neighbours in your neighbourhood?
– What kind of people do you think are important for the neighbourhood?
– Do you think local businesses are important to the community?
– Do you have an example of a community becoming better or worse?
– What do you think about the impact of technology on the community?